Kunsthalle Recklinghausen

The Kunsthalle Recklinghausen opened in 1950 in the former high-rise bunker at the central station. Its history is strongly interweaved with the group of artists "junger westen". Their concern with abstraction made the Kunsthalle a nucleus of the German Informel and Recklinghausen a much discussed exhibition venue. As early as in 1948 the city of Recklinghausen endowed the art prize "junger westen", which has since been awarded thirty-three times. The kaleidoscope of the award winners’ names equals a short story of German art since 1945, and the works bought from them are a focal point of the collection of the Städtische Kunsthalle. The Kunsthalle Recklinghausen is a member of the network of the RuhrKunstMuseen.

Logo Kunsthalle Recklinghausen